Wednesday, April 11, 2007

spring awakening

i was in search for a musical to watch on broadway and i had no idea about the new ones that recently opened. tops on my list of course, is the return of les miz and a chorus line, two classics, then there's my drowsy chaperone, there's the pirate queen (by alain boublil and michael schonberg, the guys behind les miz and miss saigon) and then there's spring awakening.

at the eugene o'neill theater on 47th street

i normally buy my tickets at tkts, the discount place for tickets to broadway shows, both musicals and plays. anyhow, not a lot of shows were listed on monday or maybe i was just a bit late in lining up. for this day, i was torn between watching rent again (to check out frenchie) or catch a new one (whatever). spring awakening caught my attention so i strolled to where it was playing just to see what it was all about.

the first poster i saw proclaimed, "Music by Duncan Sheik". I was in. I ran back to tkts to buy my ticket. Luckily, there were a couple more.

just like my previous trips, i stayed on outside to catch the cast sign autographs. i didn't have them sign my playbill but i took a couple of photos.



if you ever watch 24 (yes, the series on fox), this guy (named miles on the show) was one of the baddies (not the terrorist type baddies though).

No comments: