Sunday, September 04, 2005

dateline makati

okay, so there's some semblance of normalcy in my life after the 14 and a half hour flight from los angeles to manila last saturday. we arrived at the naia around 5:00 am and i had no idea it was raining so hard until i finally stepped out of the airport.

the lines at the immigration and customs were long. the wait for the luggage was long. ho-hum.

i felt very happy upon seeing my mom, my brother and my niece. i'm home again. after exchanging a lot of pleasantries, we decided to leave the airport and start our trek to home. we had to stop for breakfast. my first meal in pinas? a jollibee breakfast meal. longganiza, no less. plus peach-mango pie. my meal came with a free copy of the philippine star. not bad.

jollibee at the north luzon expressway. this was my first jollibee breakfast meal. ang sarap talaga ng garlic rice. instead of coffee, i had dalandan juice.

after a leisurely drive, we reached cabanatuan around 9. i had to exchange some of my green bucks so i can start spending. hehehe. for my family. went shopping! and window-shopping. bought a pair of my disposable contacts. had a 7-course lunch at one of my mom's fave resto, and i ordered food i terribly missed: tinumis, sizzling daing na bangus, ampalaya con carne, sinampalukang manok, sisig, pata tim, bicol express. i also had mango shake. sarraaap.

four of my favorite dishes (clockwise): sinampalukang manok, sisig, ampalaya con carne and tinumis [a variation of dinuguan. in my province, they cook dinuguan with young tamarind leaves]

i'll post [more] pics as soon as i download them.

anyway, normal blogging will resume shortly...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Food again? Hehehe.. Damn I think you're having too much fun there, LOLZ! Lagot ka sa akin pagbalik mo dito! Hahaha! Ingat!

Anonymous said...

Momar nandito ka na pala, kailan ka ba magpapareunion?

momar said...

dexter - didn't you get the memo? i've transformed this into a foodie blog. kidding! not. hehehe. c u around!

janrem - hehehe. reunion? anytime. as soon as i get free time from my work load. i thought this was gonna be easy. i was so wrong.

admin said...

brod, if ever you'll meet up with the rest of the 'prat' do say hello for me...enjoy your time in manila!