Tuesday, April 18, 2006

allow me to be blunt

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.

You have been the one.

You have been the one for me.


there was a phase in the previous weeks or so (i won't pinpoint when) when i was in deep melancholy, drowning myself in misery. i withdrew myself from the world, from family, even from friends. i had no one with me, no one but him.

his name is james blunt and i am a huge fan.

his music was my only company for days on end during that particular phase. his songs from his album 'back to bedlam' were the only ones playing in my ipod, one after the other. no other songs mattered.

it's like his songs spoke directly to me. ten songs. all excellently done.

my top 5, in order: tears and rain (the perfect song to be sentimental and literally mixing both together? (as in crying in the middle of the rain) exhilarating and liberating. it's like unloading to the world your heartaches. it happened to me, albeit accidentally, and i felt much lighter. plus points for referencing oscar wilde's dorian gray.); high (just like the rest of the songs, this one's lyrics are rich, its melody bordering on well, melodramatic); you're beautiful (when a song ends with 'and i'll never be with you', then it has got to be charged. it's a song for that unattainable person you are loving from a great distance. unrequited love, anyone?); wisemen (gotta ask yourself the question, where are you now?) and out of my mind (enough said.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like James Blunt's music too. Your observations about his songs are spot-on!