Sunday, June 11, 2006

loser streak

the last time i predicted a winner (in any competition i lay my eyes on) was when kelly clarkson was proclaimed as the first big winner of american idol. and i did that on the first week of the competition. back then, i thought, i had the eye to pick out the diamond in the rough, so to speak.

i was so mistaken.

whether it was tfc's star in a million, or cbs' the amazing race, or the last four seasons of american idol, heck, even survivor or the apprentice, i ended up choosing losers. capital L-O-S-E-R-S. i have never regained the glory of predicting the rightful winner again. call it 'losing the touch' or probably just plain 'jinxing the choice.'

on tfc, there's this show called 'star circle summer kid quest,' a talent show looking for the newest batch of child prodigies. the first season, i placed all my bets on this sweet little girl named sharlene san pedro. she's so cute and precocious she reminds me of my youngest niece jianne. need i tell you that she lost? she was declared the runner-up. boo-hoo.

this season's crop is not as good as the last. i only liked a handful among them. there are five finalists in what was aptly called the magic circle of five. two girls -- mika and cheska, and three guys -- julijo, darius and quintin. one of my friends, who knows about this innate talent i have, asked me who was going to win. knowing that my bet surely won't be declared the big winner, i said, 'i am going to risk jinxing her but my bet is mika' and i quickly followed it up with 'actually, i don't care who wins, AS LONG AS it's not quintin.' anyhow, my pecking order was quintin-cheska-darius, with the final two being julijo and mika.

today was the grand questor's day on tfc. and when the time came when they announced the winner, i was wholly confident that my bet won't make it. so they announced their pecking order. darius (ooops) then julijo (what?!) then cheska (good!), leaving quintin (what!?) and mika (yes!) in the final two. hah! me bet was going against my most hated disliked contestant. this was easy. my mojo was back! there was no competition. my bet was taking the one million peso prize!

not.

quintin was announced as this search's grand questor. and my long list of wrong bets continues...

2 comments:

Lightheaded said...

it's called beginner's luck dear. hahaha.

goodluck next "betting" season :)

momar said...

i know, i know...