Monday, July 16, 2007

friends, roman...friends

i slipped quietly in town (yes, manila) a few days ago. what? no announcements? no fuss?

well, my friends in manila seem to be not that excited anymore everytime i announce (this year, thrice already) that i'll be in town. so i decided to just be hush hush about it.

anyhow, it's been kind of a mixed-emotions type of feeling these days. it's good to be home again and i am happy but i couldn't be as happy as i would have wanted because my youngest niece is in the hospital. :(

i've been in and out of the hospital in the past 3 days visiting her and showing my support. i really, really pray for her to get well soon. it's devastating to hear her cry in pain as doctors and nurses take her blood every six hours and shift her IV from the left to the right every single day. the times i was in her hospital room, i wished that if i hasd the power, i'd rather that she doesn't go through this pain, that if i need to take all those pain for her, i would, no question.

she's 5 years old, in the first grade and a stage 2 dengue patient. she probably got that pesky mosquito bite from her school, or from the playground. definitely not from their home because my brother and his wife are very particular about mosquitoes. but at this point, it doesn't really matter as to where she was when bitten by the freaking mosquito.

for now, i can curse all the mosquitoes i want but it won't undo what has happened. at this point, all i can really do is pray.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's praying for her speedy recovery, brod!

Lightheaded said...

hope she gets well soon. i don't know how bad stage 2 is.

Lightheaded said...

Not related but I tagged you in my Everyday Reads blog. Feel free to ignore though. I know you're busy.

Oman said...

i will defintely include her in my prayers. btw, i have met your kuya (kapitan) in one of the seminars I have conducted. I told him to say hello to you. Take Care!!!

momar said...

guys,

thanks for the prayers. she's doing well and on her way to recovery na.

charl,

time flies really fast. it's been a year since we caught up a bit with each other in london. too bad, na bomb threat pa ang kensington area. ah, memories.

may8,

my sked's a bit crazy. just arrived from palawan (yes, again!). we'll see how it goes.

atorni,

yeah, my brother told me abt that chance encounter. he speaks highly of you! :)

Lightheaded said...

It's ok dear. I know how it goes. Hahaha! Glad your niece is getting better. See you again maybe next time you're in town.

(And that probably means I get to keep the Kablon jam I'm reserving for you. Mwehehe.)