Wednesday, December 26, 2007

pasko sa pinas

i'm still overwhelmed. i never realized how much i missed pinoy christmas until i experienced it one more time.

the noise. god, i missed the noise. the sound of children carolling, using empty plastic bottles as drums. one group stood in front of our gate and sang (and danced! may choreography pa) boom tarat tarat. who knew that this freaking song had a christmas version? i never would have thought, not in this lifetime, that boom tarat tarat would be sung as a christmas carol. no frikking way. only in the philippines.

the food. it was overflowing. pancit of all kinds - sotanghon, canton, bihon, name it; pasta - carbonara and spag, i wanted to make pesto but i didn't have time. hahaha. sure; salads of all kinds din - fruit, macaroni, buko, buko pandan; barbecue; sandwiches, cakes, coke light. hahaha. yun ang finale, coke light. to wash away the gluttony. and the calories. sure.

the people. my family, my nieces, relatives, neighbors. i don't have much friends left here but it was fun nonetheless. i gave my nieces my gifts - the starbucks 2008 planner for the middle and the card with all 24 stickers for the eldest to claim. plus cash pa. hope they're happy. hehehe.

the sights. christmas decors all around, from the malls to homes to cars to public places. i wish i could go to pampanga and witness the parol festival. maybe next time.


i'm happy i asked my boss if i can extend my stay here for the christmas. i am thankful he said yes.

this christmas, my spirit awakened. i thought i have lost christmas forever. i couldn't be any more wrong.

1 comment:

flatfoot said...

Hi Momar!

Merry Christmas! I guess this means you're in the Philippines...I'm in New York now. Not sure if you received my e-mail. I haven't been able to check if you responded. I can't access Webmail/Outlook from a Mac, nor from the hotel's computers which amazingly have no Internet Explorer. Anyway if you're back here before the 1st it would be great to meet. Let me know by e-mail, using my Yahoo edmarso acount. (My phone isn't working here too, fugg it!)

Take care.
Abe