Monday, May 30, 2005

thank you girl

A year later China hosted Miss World, its first international beauty contest.

"Though they started slowly, they implemented this because they wanted more people to learn about China," said the current Miss China, 21 year old Siyuan Tao.

A host of promotionally-driven pageants have subsequently been held, including Miss Ugly, Miss Plastic Surgery -- even beauty pageants for the elderly.

This was from an article I found on Yahoo!News today while i was doing my browsing. Nothing much happened today, except the fact that I have finished my laundry. All of them. I'm happy now.


Miss Ugly? Miss Plastic Surgery? What has this world turned into?

Anyway, the pageant (I meant Miss Universe) is set to air in the west coast at 9:00 pm (that would be in an hour) but I already know the results, thanks to some of my friends from the east coast who always, always do this to me. Whether it is AI or Miss U (not that I care), they always get to know the results first.

No comments: