Thursday, February 02, 2006

oh carol, i am but a fool

i was on the phone with my friends J and R for almost an hour late afternoon yesterday. we hung up and went on with our lives.

i watched american idol. after the first gap, i switched channels. by the time i went back to AI, the second gap has started and J was on the phone, again.

J: Did you see Carol Banawa?
Me: No, where?
J: Are you watching American Idol? I should have asked that first.
Me: Yes.
J: You didn't see Carol Banawa?
Me: I didn't. I was channel surfing. Are you sure itw as her?
J: Yes, I am sure.
Me: Why did she audition in Texas?
J: Ay oo nga. (Pause). Walang audition dito sa LA.
Me: Uh. Ok.

Then this morning, J called me in the office.

J: I think that was really Carol Banawa.
Me: Okay, if you say so.
J: No, not just me.
Me: Okay.
J: The message boards say so.
Me: Okay

Then this afternoon, around five minutes ago.

J: Check your email.
Me: Why?
J: I sent you a link to Carol Banawa's video.
Me: Why?
J: To prove that it was her.
Me: Okay. So did she make it to Hollywood?
J: I don't know. I don't think so.
Me: Okay.
J: Check it now. Talk to you later.

So, I checked my mail. And here it is. Miss Carol Banawa. On American idol.

No comments: