Monday, November 05, 2007

Hating heroes. For now.

It has been six or seven episodes and I’m still as confused as ever.

It’s taking them this long to somehow explain things and tie some of the loose ends before everything goes awry. Where do I even start? How about Hiro being stuck in the past, Peter Petrelli fast-forwarding to the future and just plain chaos in the present?

I have so many questions my brain’s beginning to ache a little.

Among them: how did Kensei manage to self-heal (like Claire)? I thought that there was no duplication of power (maybe it was just me). So West knows how to fly like Nathan. Mica’s cousin is a copycat, like Peter who can “absorb” powers. What is Mama Petrelli’s power?

The exposition is taking so long things are becoming too complicated. What about the twins? One kills and the other one saves? How did Sylar end up somewhere in Mexico, conveniently along the path of the twins? Who is Kristin bell’s daddy? Is she a baddie? After appearing for five minutes a couple of episodes ago, I haven’t seen her again.

I’m also hating the fact that they took the amnesia route with Peter. Why? As I read somewhere, amnesia is the lazy writer’s shortcut to things. “So how do we explain what happened?” Lazy writer: “I know, I know. Let’s give the character amnesia.” Hate.

The latest episode just aired. Biggest WTF moment: Kensei became Adam? Huwaaaaaaaat?

2 comments:

Lightheaded said...

Awww don't hate it. At least my "He's not dead, he can't be" thoughts on DL are proven...what? Sorry, I have this thing for Leonard Roberts. Hahaha.

At least you get to see Sark! Well, that's why am happy with the season so far. And West. He's cute. I didn't know that there's such a thing as no duplication of powers. Was that mentioned on Season 1? Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Since Season 1 I had lots of questions already. But it's a tv show. There's bound to be loopholes. But yeah, I hate the amnesia thing too.

Do you check out Greg Beeman's blog?

momar said...

hahaha. DL's dead, for sure, like Isaac Mendez. It was just Maury messing with Nikki's mind, nightmare if you will.

no, it wasn't mentioned that there's no such thing as duplication of powers, it was just my thing. there's a lot of powers out there, duplicating powers is just well, lazy. i'll check beeman's blog...