Monday, October 03, 2005

back in la-la-land

hi folks! i'm actually back in la-la-land once more.

i was checking my blog and i was quite saddened when i saw that i was able to blog only four times in the past four weeks or so. damn. not good.

anyway, left manila last sunday around 10 something pm. dragged to the mabuhay lounge by my boss. met up with the hotdog singer and his wife (boss' friend) and some other business people from hell-ey. talked with jaya for a bit. she told me she's off to la to celebrate her anniversary with her hunny. good for her. former defense secretary renato de villa was also at the lounge, and so were a couple of congressmen. viva first and mabuhay class!

unfortunately for me, i did not fly business this time. boo-hoo-hoo. i was not upgraded because boss' coupons expired last september 30. we had a choice to fly back last friday (which was the 30th) but we opted (boss, actually) that we fly back to cali on sunday, which was yesterday. so there, no upgrade.

sulking in my own corner at seat 46K, yes by the window, i was quite surprised to see this singer who was walking towards the back. jay-r. yes, the prince of r and b. in the economy class with the rest of us! hehehe. suddenly, i did not feel so bad! i found out later on that he was seated in row 90. damn. that must be really close to the plane's tail. anyway.

i tried so hard (hello linkin park) not to sleep but it was already past midnight and they have served dinner (pork loin with rice) and they have turned off the cabin lights. i've read the latest mabuhay magazine (nothing much to read in this issue) and both the philippine star and the inquirer. cover to cover. i've got nothing else to do. i have also watched the film they were showing: fantastic four.

i succumbed to the pressure and the inviting cold atmosphere. i dozed off. and off, and off. i woke up more than eight hours later and they were already serving breakfast (fish and eggs). i missed the snacks? sayang. hehehe.

i told myself not to sleep because in a few hours, we will be landing, and i will be sleeping again in a couple of hours. that is if i do not want jet lag to take over me and my sked.

my good friend R picked me up. had a really nice dinner at sanamluang. coffee at the coffee bean. gee, i missed this routine. got home around 11ish. stared at my luggage for about an hour and started unpacking. and then the realization. more than half of my freaking luggage was not for me. for co-workers (one had an entire maleta worth of padala) and some friends and friends of friends. goodness, what was i fed with? i kidded my co-worker that she will feed me lunch for two months just so i can justify why i agreed to bring her entire wardrobe with me.

oh well, ranting done. regular blogging coming up shortly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you were able to finally turn off your tv. on second thought with all the season premiere of all the exciting shows why turn off that tv in the first place?

enjoy the pictures i sent. see you when i see you again.

Anonymous said...

Ang chocnuts (?) ko wag mong kalimutan ibigay sa akin next time! hehehe