Sunday, October 23, 2005

meet my new toy

ladies and gentlemen of the jury, meet my new toy.

i wonder how much bono got paid for this

i haven't thought of a name yet. baka sydney. hahaha. o kaya michael. shoot.

anyway, the first time i laid my eyes on it, i fell in love. damn. feeling in love with an inanimate object. i never thought it was possible. hahaha.

the road to me being happy with sydney/michael was not paved with gold, or silver, or bronze.

last week, my friend and i went to the apple store at the grove. i bought a white 60GB unit. however, when i got home, i found out that no matter what i did, the thing would not connect with my imac. it took me hours and numerous visits to various forums and websites to finally figure out what the hell was wrong. it seems that the unit i got was programmed for windows. whatever.

the left-most one is my first ipod. it's 2nd Gen 10 GB. the one on the right is my 4th Gen 20 GB. sadly though, it's dead. i think it's the battery. in the middle is the 5th Gen 60 GB that i bought and i had to return because it was a defective unit. what's wrong steve?

so i went back to the apple store to have the thing replaced. so the apple guy checked and checked and checked what was wrong with it. this was after i told him what was wrong with it. he was hell-bent on proving me wrong and make me feel stupid. so i went to the apple website itself and showed to him my diagnosis.
Your iPod isn't formatted for Windows

iPod for Windows Software only recognizes iPod for Windows. You cannot use iPod for Macintosh with a Windows PC. To see which platform your iPod is formatted for, follow these instructions.

so after what seemed like forever, he relented. we went to the counter and told me the good news: they have sold out of 60 GB units. he volunteered to call 2 other stores: santa monica and glendale to check if they have the units. they didn't.


then the clincher. he said that before he could replace my unit, he needed to go to the genius bar upstairs so they could check what was wrong with it. after a while, he was back to tell me that they could not make it work. in desperation, i quipped that out of a million units shipped, i get the most defective one. sucks big time.

anyhow, i ended up getting sydney/michael 30GB in black. i was so excited that the first thing i did when i got home was to check if it already worked. and yeah, baby! it freaking worked.

so all weekend, that was all that i did. i gathered all my CDs and ripped them using itunes. i used to own a second generation 10GB so i only selected which CDs to rip. now that i have upgraded, i can rip more CDs. now i have close to 4,000 songs and i am about to consume 20 GB of space.

damn, i should have stuck with the 60 GB. but then again, i wanted it now, now, now, so that's the price i have to pay.

No comments: