Friday, December 02, 2005

family time @ tiendesitas

Spent only half a day at work today. The other half? I spent with my family who drove to the metro to bring my luggage and to see me before my flight this saturday. Friday was not possible since there was color-coding and the office christmas party was scheduled on that day.

Anyhow, met them at my cousin's store in QC, then we moved to Tomas Morato to have lunch. I've been craving for Ponciana's since my first trip to Manila last March. Ponciana's is a restaurant along Timog and they serve really good, yummy, home-cooked meals. My co-workers at ABS and I would drive to Ponciana's if we decide that we do not want to eat canteen food or delivery or aristo-carts or the pricier ones in the vicinity. It was like our comfort food station. And today, I introduced Ponciana to my family.

We had quite a feast. I ordered the boneless tinapang bangus (whole) which I later found out cost us P230.00. I also ordered lengua estofada, squash with okra with pork and shrimps, grilled pork belly with fried eggplant, puso ng saging with baby squid, and a couple more. The damage totaled P1,200 plus. Not bad. We were all full to the brim by the time we were done.

We were supposed to go to Divisoria to check out 168, which my former ABS colleagues have been telling me about. Woe to us, nobody knew how to go to Divi. I did not know how to go there since I have never been to Divisoria. Rather than risk getting lost en route to 168, I decided to just bring them to Tiendesitas.

Went around the various villages. When we were done, had some snacks such as puto bumbong, (the wait for the bibingka was quite long), fresh fruit shakes, vigan empanada, okoy and some fruits. awesome.

Bought two boxes of the pastel from Camiguin (which I forgot in the car when they left). Poor me.

Next stop was Market, Market where we did some grocery and shopping for the coming Christmas season. Got tired and hungry so off we went to Greenbelt for dinner. Parking was such a problem it took us more than half an hour circling the parking area. Had a quite pricey but delicious dinner for six. Yum.

No comments: