Sunday, December 04, 2005

still a saturday

what really weirds me out everytime i fly from manila to los angeles is the fact that i may already have a really long day in manila, and i may have slept the entire 12-hour flight, but by the time we land, it's like, well, it's like travelling back in time. anyhow.

so there i was, with my last-minute shopping and stuff. all set and ready to go.

off to the airport we went. same o, same o. my boss was in seat number 2 something. and moi? some 79 rows down. 81A to be exact. the lady in the counter seemed to have liked and me and gave me a seat in the exit row. which means more leg room. which means ic an stretch, stretch, stretch. note to self: request for an exit row seat next time i fly.

and i thought everything was fine. mr. 81B, yes my seatmate, was having a problem. he got his foot sprained in some basketball game. like i cared. in the course of the flight, he stretched his right foot up and placed it on top of the plane's emergency exit door, which was right in front of me. i gave him the dirtiest look i could muster. how dare he invade my personal space! and he did this quite a number of time.

as if this was not enough. mr. 82A kept on nudging and nudging and nudging my back. he would use his foot, his knees, his hands to push the seat in front of him. that was of course my seat and it was not funny.

the only thing that kept me sane was 82C. Hah.

and i'm gonna stop right there.

so J picked me up. i so wanted to watch rent but our some of our friends were in a birthday party and J told them we were gonna drop by. drop by we did, and spent a couple of hours. there goes rent. i still have tomorrow.

after what seemed like eternity, J brought me home. this was shortly after midnight. i unpacked some stuff. cleared my bed. tried to sleep. good god, i can't sleep. one sheep, two sheep, three sheep, four sheep....four hundred six sheep. next thing i knew it was six in the morning.

and i was still awake.

No comments: