Wednesday, December 28, 2005

2005: A Year-End Review

Find the first entry for each month of 2005 in your blog. Post the first sentence/paragraph of that entry in your journal, and that’s your "Year In (Year-End) Review" (note: songs, announcements, surveys and blogthings do not count. they should all be legit blog entries).

January -
a couple of my friends and i braved the rainstorm on the last day of 2004 to troop to the sin city and celebrate there the end of the year and welcome 2005 with a bang.

February - i had dinner with cher calvin last night. yes, the famous cher calvin. thanks to the owners of goldilocks for inviting me. cher's in town because she is moving to la-la-land. she is moving from fox 5 in las vegas to the wb [KTLA channel 5] network here in los angeles.

March - yes, i am back. finally.

April - nora aunor is in the headlines again. this time, however, is not about how she conquered cairo for her dramatic performance as flor contemplacion years ago. nor is she on the papers again for an upcoming concert somewhere in carson city.

May - this morning, i covered the launching of the 'asian pacific american heritage month' at the chinese-american museum in downtown. mayor hahn was there, with some of this year's honorees.

June - Consul General Marciano Paynor, Jr. and Deputy Consul Hellen Barber officially opened “Flavors of the Philippines, Part 2,” a gastronomic feast of Filipino cuisine at the New Otani Hotel in downtown Los Angeles with a simple ribbon-cutting ceremonies Wednesday.

July - i spent my entire morning (and some parts of the afternoon) covering the inauguration of the new mayor of los angeles.

August - it's the first day of the eighth month of this year.

September - less than 24 hours before my flight...

October - hi folks! i'm actually back in la-la-land once more.

November - yup. i am going home. again. by home, i mean manila. the philippines. [insert nostalgic memories here]

December - Spent only half a day at work today. The other half? I spent with my family who drove to the metro to bring my luggage and to see me before my flight this saturday. Friday was not possible since there was color-coding and the office christmas party was scheduled on that day.

(Saw this from someone's blog while I was blog-hopping and I decided to do my own version. While this was not representative of what happened during the year, this summary somehow provides a quick summary of what I did in 2005. When not covering celebrities (Cher Calvin, Nora Aunor) or politicians (former Los Angeles Mayor Jim Hahn and current Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa), I was out and about travelling to Las Vegas, Manila, Manila and yes, Manila. Not bad. Not bad at all.)

No comments: