Sunday, December 11, 2005

s as in sam

my oc-ness got the better of me this time.

since my sked has been quite a mess, i have been quite remiss in the payment schedule of my bills, so when i finally organized my list a little over an hour ago, i noticed that my citibank bill is due on december 12. a monday. technically, it's already the 11th. so even if i used my bank's bill pay (which i usually use), my payment would be late. and i would be charged a late payment fee of $39. and my credit will be tattered. okay, exaggerating. but you get my point.

so i checked my bill and read all of the fine print. i have other options, hallelujah! i can go to their website and pay my bill from there. or i can pay through the phone and they can charge me $15 for that. i went to their website.

here's the irritating part. the freaking site cannot process my application to register (i need to register before i can pay) because it was asking for my "security password." now, i don't remember ever setting a security password for this account. but the freaking site says i did. obviously, i reached the maximum number of attempts to register. they had to shoo me away. but i can try after 24 hours. sigh.

so i got my cell phone and dialled their 1-800 number. an indian-sounding representative picked up my call (after me keying in my credit card number).

rep: zhenk yu for calling zitibank eh. zekyooritee password pliz?
me: i have a password?
rep: yes sir.
me: i don't remember ever setting a password.
rep: you have a security password.
me: really?
rep: yes. it starts with an s.
me: s?
rep: s. as in sam.

the s words as they paraded in my mind. shoot. shocks (ala sassy). shiyet. shit. shit. shit.

me: uhmm. i give up. i don't remember my password. is there any other way of verifying my identity?
rep: (pause. long pause) what's your address and home phone number?
me: i recite my address and home phone number
rep: okay sir, i will call you using your home phone number.
me: okay

line went dead. i waited for 15 minutes. blog fodder. i'll blog about this tomorrow. maybe i'll blog about this now. while i wait for the indian guy to call me.

i am freaking done blogging about it and indian guy hasn't called yet. i checked my watch. it's 4 am.

No comments: