Monday, August 01, 2005

doomed

it's the first day of the eighth month of this year.

my computer in the office breathed its last and crashed. i have no idea if i can retrieve any of my five year-old files from it. my computer has been continually upgraded through the years, but my files still remain intact in the hard drive as more gigabytes are added to it.

i realized that it was about to breathe its last when last friday it froze on me like three times. that rarely happens with macs so i was a bit alarmed. i started backing up my most important files (photos, articles, mp3s, others -- in that order) but unfortunately, it was burning files at about 1 kb per minute, which is like too slow for a supposed fast computer. i really don't know what happened. i know it has 20 gigs of free space so it was really kinda unexpected to crash.

but crash it did. along with some memories of my past five years. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that our tech guy will be able to retrieve my files. if not, i'd probably go nuts. dunzo!

No comments: