Monday, June 06, 2005

humor me

worth posting.

at last night's fil-am funfest show at the magic mountain, there was this filipina singer from the philippines named tootsie guevarra. she sang a couple of songs, the first one's an ogie alcasid composition (i forgot the title) and the second one was her own. well, not necessarily.

tootsie guevarra: i would like to dedicate my next song to the original singer of this hit song. the LATE tenten muñoz.

my friend nudged me, shocked and all: patay na si tenten muñoz?

me (pretending that i did not hear him): ahmmm.

my friend, unsatisfied with my response: huy, patay na si tenten?

(tenten muñoz died years ago. i dunno when. maybe ten years ago.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gud joke

blogspot.com said...

yeah i met tenten last 1992 at meeting/party from a rotary club and she was the guest singer... at that time i think she was a hit. even though im not musically incline.. i heard some of her songs playin on the radio. then i just found out that she had died na pala. just got sad for a moment. poor lady.