Wednesday, June 15, 2005

when lost is found

DSC02276

those, ladies and gentlemen, are my house keys. yes, the same house keys i declared missing (lost?) more than a month ago. i was right after all. it was in the innermost recesses of my messenger bag.

here's the thing. i finally decided to retire my old and trusted banana republic messenger bag (the one with plenty of pockets) in favor of a newer one -- a gift from my dear cousin from hongkong when i visited him there last march. it's a giorgio armani original, so who am i to say no? i've got to say sorry to the old br bag. thanks for the memories, but yes, i am so moving on!

so i was in the process of transferring all of its contents to the new one. last night, i decided to finish this task. i put my hand inside one of its bigger pockets. lo and behold, i fished out my missing house keys from the old bag. it was there all along. damn. (and there was a bonus: a pack of new listerine breath pads. hah!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! it also happened to me before, but it was the door pass to the office. i hadn't seen it for almost two weeks and our receptionist was about to cancel it (allegedly fearing security breach) and charge me HK$250 for a new one. that's a lot of money, so i searched high and low for it. tada! it was deep in one of the pockets of my crumpler messenger bag. damn messenger bags!