Sunday, January 16, 2005

about last night

i have a few more additions from last night's gimmick with my friends. here goes:

we were having dinner at the wood ranch grill at the grove and we were talking about weight and carbs and stuff.

friend a: yun ang reason ko kung bakit hindi potatoes ang sides ko kundi corn.
me: paano yung bread mo? eh andaming butter non? baka naman gusto mo nang mag pa upgrade sa double xl.
friend: hindi no. kaya nga low-carbs na, para ma degrade.

(degrade is now the opposite of upgrade)

and after a few minutes, my friend's phone rang. he answered it. it was one of his friends asking if he could join them in watching a movie at 12:20 am at the promenade. since we carpooled, my friend asked.

friend: okay, i can join. but who will drop off... drop me off...uhmmm who will bring me home?

later that night, we went to a bar and met up with a couple of friends. talking with this guy named seth, who is from salt lake city, our conversation veered towards the mormons.

me: so, ur from salt like. are you a mormon?
seth, new-found friend: no, but i can be one, if you want me to.
friend a: hey, did you see this movie about mormons?
seth: yeah, what is it called again?
me: uhmm, it has 'latter' in the title.
friend b: (proud na proud) yeah, latter day saints.

(the movie's title was latter days)

No comments: