Friday, January 21, 2005

warm and cold

i went to the bank today and the lady who checks the line to see if everyone has properly filled up the right form approached me. she noticed the tissue i had on hand and my red, red nose, and she asked, in an incredulous tone, "you have a cold?" and pretended to stay away from me. it seems that she could not believe how i could get a cold virus when the weather is oh-so-warm.

that was the same question that has been bugging me. it would have been fine if i caught the cold virus during the nasty rainy days a couple of weeks ago. but no. i caught my cold during the time when the last drop of rain fell almost a week ago. well, i could blame the hot days and the cold nights.

i've been a sneezing bandit at work (excuse me!). i pity my co-workers. they'd probably have colds by tomorrow.

No comments: