Thursday, January 27, 2005

coffee table

my former roomie, his cousin and a friend of ours picked me up today for a quick lunch at this place in silverlake (near my place). i asked him if the food there was good, and he replied in the affirmative, adding "and their tables are pretty too."

ok, fine. pretty tables.

anyway, we got there a little after twelve. the place is called coffee table, and yes, they had really cool tables, which are all works of art. we fell in line, ordered our stuff and went to the prettiest table. well, we got the one by the porch at the back. the place is huge. it didn't look huge from the outside.

i got myself a chicken salad sandwich (choice between rye, focaccia or sour dough) plus a side (mashed potato, potato salad, pineapple slaw and chips and salsa). surprisingly, my former roomie got the exact same thing i ordered, from the bread (sour dough) down to the side (pineapple slaw). our friend got a silverlake omelet (with stuff in it like tomatoes, avocado..i dunno what else...it looked like a burrito to me) and my roomie's cousin got cheesecake and ice blended coffee drink.

my take on the food: the chicken salad was good, really good. the pineapple slaw? not too much. it's like your ordinary slaw with slivers of crushed pineapple. my friend did not like his omelet that much. he did not like it THAT much that nothing was left on his plate.

next time, i'll try one of their omelets, or the asian chicken salad. i wonder how that would taste.

No comments: