Tuesday, January 25, 2005

angels & demons

finally, after three days and a lot of distractions in between, i was able to finish reading dan brown's angels & demons. yes, all 569 pages.

i intended to finish reading it a few days after i finished reading the da vinci code. well, i tried, but i just couldn't. i think i was a bit worried that if i do read both books back-to-back, i'd end up killing more than half of my brain cells from exhaustion. i did not want that to happen.

anyway, thanks to my colds, i was at home over the weekend., well, mostly. (this is where the distractions come in). in between, i was able to accompany my friend to faraway Gardena to pick up his rebate check (unfortunately, the person we were supposed to meet was not there). then we went to Jollibee in Carson (he had 3-pc chicken joy, i had the spaghetti and the buko langka pie. yum. while we were eating, something happened to his braces. off we went to the city of Montebello to see his dentist and fix whatever was wrong with his braces. after that, we went to costco in Los Feliz and i bought some stuff i'd be bringing home soon. then, we went home.

a couple of my friends arrived, and another one brought tons of food from a birthday party. we intended to eat out but he brought tons of food. we went out for coffee instead.

got home around 10 pm and i resumed my reading. my only distraction yesterday was when another friend of mine and i went to hollywood and highland to do some shopping. got myself a pair of jeans for nine ninety nine. not bad. we then went to westwood because he was craving noodle planet's thai spaghetti. i first brought him there with another friend after our office christmas party last year. he seemed to love the thai spaghetti. anyway, i ordered their grilled pork chop (my other favorite their is the garlic spare ribs).

got home before 9 pm. watched tv (must-see tv sunday): desperate housewives and nip/tuck. resumed my reading.

monday. went to work. read, read, read. got home, my friend bought dinner for me. i only had around 30 pages remaining. went bowling with joshua and pierre (yet another distraction). i couldn't probably beat them. damn hustlers.

got home. finished my reading stuff. i am happy. dan brown is agenius.

No comments: